Williamson County
Historical Commission

 

 
Farmers State Bank Building -
Williamson County Museum
Historical Marker

circa 1912

click on thumbnail image for an enlarged view

716 Austin Ave

GPS Coordinates
Latitude 30.63680 - Longitude
-97.67813

UTM 14 R - Easting: 0626711 - Northing: 339069

 

Marker Text
The Merchants and Farmers Bank began in 1898 and incorporated as Farmers State Bank in 1905. In 1910, bank officers contracted for the building of a new bank onto existing commercial property at this site. Construction was finished in 1912. In the 1960s, the bank moved and the building changed owners several times before Williamson County purchased it in 1967, using it for a variety of offices in the following decades. The building’s Classical Revival architecture features two large columns with Corinthian capitals and a temple front façade. Detailing on the pronounced central pediment includes dentils and egg and dart molding. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 2006

 

view HISTORY OF FARMERS STATE BANK BUILDING

 

view more Historical Markers in Georgetown
view more Historical Markers in Williamson County